Wednesday, 11 November 2020

"Spotless" Revisited and Consumption Series

I really enjoyed writing the Spotless post and seeing your responses to my COVID-19 "Spotless Mind" Informal Opinion Poll. Clearly, no one is interested in erasing all of their fun and happy memories from pre-pandemic times - and that's totally cool. I appreciate the findings, and all of those who provided their opinions!

"1" was "Of course not, I would never want to forget the experiences I had!"

Readers also provided suggestions for blog posts related to living through pandemic times. In response, I am creating a "Consumption Series." We are all consuming different forms of media, food, entertainment, goods, etc. in an effort to stay entertained/distracted and informed; why not explore all of these different consumables together? 

My list for starters, in no particular order, and based on comments you provided as well as my own habits, includes: 

  • Books;
  • TV (this may need to be a whole multi-part mini-series in itself, with all of the shows I (we all) have been watching);
  • Podcasts;
  • Social media;
  • Food;
  • Services e.g. haircuts, medical appointments, etc.;
  • Online goods and products;
  • Meditation and wellness-related stuff;
  • Professional development; and
  • Hobbies.

I'll try and cover off all of these things... at some point. (Hubs also suggested sports in the COVID era, but I think I'm kind of doing this already. See posts labelled "sports.")

What did I miss? Want me to address anything else? Comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment