This is it. Presidential Election day in the United States. Anyone else feeling good?? (Kidding/not kidding.)
There is so much to say about this topic, that it's actually overwhelming to think about where to start - so I'm not going to bother. And really, there is nothing I can say or add to the discussion that hasn't already been covered ad nauseam through tweets, memes and real media - or, fake news, depending on your perspective.
Besides which, as a Canadian, if I tried I'd just be another outsider railing about how America has become a cautionary tale. (Maybe America in recent memory has always been a cautionary tale <cough> electoral college <cough>. Also, 231,000 deaths and counting due to COVID-19!)
I will leave it at this: good luck to you today, our neighbours* to the south. Your shit affects us all, so please be careful. Make good choices!
*Or, "neighbors" - American spelling, for the Americans
And if you're feeling emotionally stunted by the gravity of today, here are a few posts which are hopefully relatable - one from either side of the spectrum, to cover all bases.
How to survive #ElectionNight pic.twitter.com/dvgRrhWRSO
— The Oatmeal (@Oatmeal) November 9, 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment