Over the weekend, I posted about when I started working from home in 2020, which means it's officially been one whole year of working through a pandemic.
I'mma say that again. ONE WHOLE YEAR of working in health care, during a pandemic. Yowza. No wonder why I'm so tired all the time.
On a whim, I took a look back at a few messages I sent to co-workers this time last year, after I'd officially started working from home, and discovered I have been saying largely the same thing to colleagues for 12 whole months in my email sign-offs:
"Hope you're hangin' in there!" Alternatively, "Hang in there!"
Others might have received: "Hope you're staying healthy!" or for friends, jokingly, in the early days of the pandemic: "What a time to be alive!"
One of the rare optimistic statements included: "Hope we'll get to see each other again soon!" (Sadly, I don't think I've used this one in a long time. Clearly, I've lost hope.)
What clichés or fallback phrases have you been using during the pandemic?
![]() |
| I recall being amused by COVID-themed Bitmojis like this one. That was a long time ago. |

No comments:
Post a Comment