Monday, 1 February 2021

Everything is Tiring

I was video chatting with my mom over the weekend. As usual, we touched on a bunch of random things: the weather, what sports we were watching, how long our hair was getting. At some point we were talking about how tiring it can be after a full's day work, regardless of whether someone is sitting at a desk or on their feet all day, whether they do manual labour or have to use a lot of brainpower.

And then she said something that just totally resonated with me: "Everything is tiring."

Good one, Mom. SO. TRUE. 

In this age of COVID-19, where nothing feels normal, boredom can be status quo, and immense will is often needed to find/feel joy, I really appreciated this statement. 

Sure, the woman may nearly be twice my age and on the brink of becoming an octogenarian - so has perfectly legitimate reasons to feel tired all the time. But we're almost one full year into a pandemic and I am tired so I'm latching onto it. And creating memes. 

Photo by Sinitta Leunen on Unsplash

Photo by David Clode on Unsplash

Photo by Guillermo Latorre on Unsplash

Which tired creature are you today?

1 comment: