Much like everyone else, if you'd told me this time last year that we'd all soon be living through a pandemic, I would not have believed it.
And yet, here we are. 2020 - what a gong show, amirite?
For months I've thought about starting a blog like this, to record our societal experience of COVID-19, to observe daily life during a pandemic, to share all the feelings we - likely, collectively - may be having at any given moment.
But I haven't bothered because, well, I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.
I suspect, like many of you, that so much of this experience has been overwhelming at times. It has unquestionably been a time of great uncertainty. And as someone who has suffered from depression over the years, since March I've occasionally felt that the bare minimum has been all I can do to just get through each day, let alone start a new project or find the interest to commit to writing!
But I've had too many good (IMHO) ideas for blog posts float by, with nowhere to put them all. So here I am, once again.
I, however, resolve to keep this simple: no self-imposed deadlines or word counts, no images if I don't feel like sourcing any, no rules. Hell, even this template is called "simple template." 'Cause let's face it - simple is all so many of us are capable of at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment